Hop Into Spring | Carrot Cake Recipe
Happy St. Patrick's Day!! For as long as I can remember my mom made the best carrot cake. Not too sweet and perfectly moist! We always had them with our breakfast tea and cappuccinos. Since it’s Spring, it seemed appropriate to recreate her masterpiece. I've also added edits to make a healthier version. So here it is in all its glory!! Ingredients:
2 C all-purpose flour (Or whole wheat pastry flour)
1 C brown sugar
2 tsp Baking Soda
2 tsp ground cinnamon
1 C vegetable oil (Or coconut oil)
3 large eggs
2 tsp vanilla extract
1 1/3 C shredded carrots
1 C chopped walnuts
1 C shredded coconut
1 can (20 oz.) crushed pineapple, drained
4 oz. cream cheese
3 Tbsp. unsalted butter
1 C confectioners’ sugar
2 tsp lemon juice
½ tsp vanilla extract
- Heat oven to 350F and grease baking pan (alternatively, you can use muffin tins if you’d like to make muffins/cupcakes)
- To make cake- mix flour, sugar, baking soda, and cinnamon in a large bowl. Add oil, eggs and vanilla. Beat mixture or spoon until well blended. Stir in remaining cake ingredients until blended.
- Pour into prepared pan. Bake for about 45 min or until cake pulls away from sides of pan and a pick inserted near center comes out clean.
- Cool cake in pan on rack for 10 minutes before taking cake out to cool completely.
- To make frosting- beat cream cheese and butter until blended.
- Add sugar, lemon juice, and vanilla. Beat until smooth.
- When cake is completely cooled, frost to heart’s content!